Monday, June 8, 2009

Rose Festival Wrap-up, Lion booties on parade



I don't think that I had been to a Rose Festival Grand Floral Parade since the dawn of the 1990's! I'm always a sucker for a Marching Band or a Rodeo Queen on a fantastic horse, mostly for the costumes I'm sure. As I mentioned in a previous post, I had the opportunity to make foot covers for the Lee Family Association Lion Dance Team (http://leeondong.org) and I wanted to be there to see them in action.

We woke early in the morning, first to catch the Dragon Boat Races (another long time obsession of mine) and then made our way over to the parade route. The booties were fantastic, as you can tell the foot covers really completed the lion costumes. Later in the day we found the Lion Dance Team performing outside the Portland Classical Chinese Garden on 3rd St. where we were able to snap some close ups of the dancers after the performance. I'm really happy with the way the feet turned out!





Also, as promised, the photo of SuperAlisa, the mastermind behind Snarky Cards (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5233435), in her fantastic re-newed skirt. Alisa brought me the skirt fabric and a fur vest one morning when we were vending together at the Handmade NW pavilion at the Rose Festival Waterfront Marketplace and by the end of the day, voila, this fantastic fur trimmed skirt:



What a great festival! Thank you to The Lee Association, Handmade Northwest and Jim, for helping me pull it all off and learning how to sew to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment