Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Iggy's Wedding Dress



My good friend Iggy is getting married (http://erinandabraham.com) and she commissioned me to make her wedding ensemble. I'm really excited about this because it's not going to be your average gown! After looking over her scrap book of ideas we came up with a 5 piece outfit. The basic outfit is going to be a camisole, matador pants, corset and short sleeve bolero but then to top it off there is going to be a huge show girl bustle made from layers of silk taffeta and sparkle netting!

We're well under way with the project, I started by drafting a moulage from her measurements and then drafted a custom pattern for all of the pieces. We've had our first fitting and I have to say that I was totally spot on with the corset and bolero! I decided to go back to the drawing board on the camisole, I just didn't like where I had gone. The pants we're re-fitting in muslin to guarantee the sexiest pink satin matador pants we've ever seen. I worked up a little sample of the bustle to check the interaction between the corset, pants, bustle and jacket back and the shape is great! We both really liked the texture and the way the colors worked together.

Here is a sketch of what we're working on and a picture of her fabrics:



No comments:

Post a Comment