Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sarah's techno wedding dress



Another wedding dress for a dear friend from back in the day! I met Sarah and Jeff their freshman year of college when living in the dorms at Webster University in St Louis MO and they have since moved to Seattle. After about a year of looking for wedding dresses Sarah was confident that she couldn't find the dress she wanted within her budget. Her ideal dress was modern, sexy and sparkly without being clingy, shiny or traditional AND it has to look good on her very petite frame.

Sarah and I met up and went over her collection of pictures, both from magazines and designers and of her in the dresses she had tried in stores. First I focused on finding the right bridal fabrics but found them all to be too traditional and a little expensive for the budget. A trip to Britex in San Francisco gave me some phenomenal cotton and synthetic blends with a subtle tone on tone sparkle that gives a very modern techno feel in a bridal color palate at a price point we could work with. It was the first time I had ever bought the fabric without the client seeing it but I was SO sure this was it I took the risk after emailing photos. Fortunately Sarah loved the fabrics I found and we nailed down a design. Here are the fabrics:

No comments:

Post a Comment